Have you ever asked this question before? What is the Herbalife Scam? Perhaps You were wondering as to whether Herbalife is a Scam or something legitimate.
If that is your reason, then you’re at the best place to get to know all about herbalife, their secret and every truth about them.
A Preview About Herbalife
Founder: Mark Reynolds Hughes
Price: N/A (N Specific price)
Rating: 3 out of 10
My Verdict: Not a scam but only good for those with special marketing skills. So I can’t recommend it to you either.
What is Herbalife About?
As revealed above, Mark Reynolds Hughes was an American businessman who was the founder, chairman and CEO of Herbalife International Ltd, a multi-level marketing company. Herbalife was established in the the in 1980s, ( based in Los Angeles, California ).
Their products are known to be a signature product, composing 30 percent of its sales, its a soy-based meal replacement shake powder popularly known as “Formula 1”.
Herbalife International is a global multi-level marketing corporation that is into production of nutrition supplements, weight management, sports nutrition, a skin and hair product line and personal-care products.
Also, the Herbalife company markets and sells their products to potential customers. since it is an international company, their products are distributed globally.
As a result, the company has over 3.2 million independent distributors selling its products in over 90 countries.
And like any M. L. M company, each new distributor is expected to recruit more distributors into the company, thus expanding the Herbalife network and taking a percentage profit from each person they bring on board.
So what that means is that you will have to have special skills in convincing people to join you on board to expand your network.
The more people you’re able to recruit, the more your earning increases. However, if you cannot recruit others then no money for you as all M.L.M companies are known to be, as regards their compensation plans
Equally, you will have to be able to sell their products, as a member, and as I mentioned earlier, that requires that you have some special marketing skills to able to convince people to buy a product that is considered quite expensive.
In addition to that, the Herbalife “pyramid scheme” has raised many questions on how Herbalife is able to maintain ethical consistency and integrity with so many independent distributors, with each employing their own,
Also, the kind of tactics their distributors use to make sales are sometime very questionable.
Yet, despite all these questions, Herbalife continues to boasts a huge and ever-expanding following, an active social media community, and even a number of high-profile sponsorship deals with sports stars such as Cristiano Ronaldo and a team such as the Ospreys.
Active ingreadient = Formula 1 (F1)
According to Herbalife, their Ultimate Weight Management Program also called Formula 1, is a protein powder, which when mixed with water, comes as an energy drink that helps users to grow lean and burn fat.
They also claim that the protein powder aids in burning fat and hence build muscles as the nutritional shakes, also providing nutrients that assist in the suppression of appetite.
Therefore, since you are not eating as often as before, you then grow lean as a result.
In addition, they also say that the Herbalife weight loss program is made up of protein shakes, weight loss supplements and teas. Herbalife replaces certain meals with its own meal-replacement protein shakes to “induce weight loss”.
Also, according to the Herbalife official website, the Formula 1 shakes is made up of protein, fiber and essential nutrients that support the body in the following ways;
- Help in the cellular growth repair and production.
- Get a healthy meal for balanced nutrition.
- Help in supporting the general metabolism rates in the body.
- Get up to 9 grams of protein, which is vital for gaining better health.
Below you will see an example of a typical day on Herbalife Weight Loss Plan I took direct from their website.
0730 – Wake Up
08:00 Breakfast – Chocolate shake with skim milk and half a banana
11:00 Snack – A medium apple
13:30 Lunch – Grilled chicken breasts with vegetables and whole wheat bread
17:00 Snack – A can of tuna and iceberg salad
20:00 Dinner – Vanilla shake with skim milk and half a banana
The video below is an official guide showing how to make Herbalife Formula 1 Shake
But the truth in the matter about the Herbalife products is that, while there some few positive remarks about their so called Formula 1, there are also a lot of complains about how this products has had a very bad effect on it users.
The videos below shows some complains made by a former member of Herbalife who used Herbalife products and it after effect.
How to Become a Distributor of Herbalife Products
You cannot find any prices on Herbalife products without first registering with their official web page.
Herbalife also gives each distributor an official website account with an online store. And so you will have to first visit the official website of Herbalife and register your free account to be able to have access to all their podutcs price list.
Once you have registered on their site, you will have all the price list and the ability to search for specific products with the Herbalife price under each product.
You will also be able to place any order of this product online, as many times as you wish. Coupons are also available.
Also, Herbalife has an online membership, which is a source to connect with a Herbalife distributor and ask questions about weight loss, product information and setting your goals.
PRO of Herbalife
- It is claimed that you do not lose any muscle mass while on Herbalife weight loss program.
- There is no need to diet- This supplement offers enough nutrition but in controlled portions
- Also, the diet is prescriptive, which makes it convenient for individuals who buys the Herbalife products to know when and what to take at a particular time.
- There is the possibility to result in short term weight loss.
Cons of Herbalife
- Product is said to have high sugar levels, low proteins and fiber content.
- Also, there have been some complains about the effectiveness of this weight loss product. For some, it has taken more than two months to shed 3 to 6 kilos.
- The diet is also calorie-restricted, so consumers are likely to feel hungry and may feel low in energy.
- Products are considered to be expensive, especially if doing it long-term.
- Restrictive, making long-term compliance difficult.
- In addition, there is a lack of transparency on the website regarding what ingredients are in the products.
- Finally, Herbalife products are highly processed and contain undesirable ingredients such as artificial colors, flavors, fructose and sucralose.
- Also, it is said that the ingredient list continues to list other fillers and additives.
My Final Verdict
As mentioned above, the Herbalife weight loss programis made up of shakes of shakes, supplements and teas, all supplied by Herbalife. It is true that the Herbalife plan is likely to provide short-term weight loss results for some individuals.
Nonetheless, the general consensus among nutritionist professionals shows that it is unsustainable and vastly inferior to a healthy, balanced whole-food diet. It is also said that, there is also a concern about the lack of clinical support for the Herbalife weight loss plan, with no peer-reviewed research to back up its claims.
To ad to that, I am not a fun of weight loss programs that use liquid meal substitutes. As a dietitian, the only time I consider using these is when someone needs to lose weight fast for health and medical reasons, for example before urgent In my opinion, meal substitutes simply are not sustainable.
Also, liquid meal substitutes simply don’t encourage or create behavior change or improve knowledge. If you are looking to improve your health and lose weight forever, instead of focusing on eating less or restricting your diet, it is best to try to enhance the balance of your diet.That is the best practice to consider
Cost of Herbalife Products
From an estimate made, using the weight loss program monthly (two shakes a day) will approximately cost $155*. This includes:
- Two Formula 1 shakes
- Formula 2 Multivitamin Complex
- Fibre & Herb Tablets
- Herbal Beverage Tea
- Herbalife weight loss meal plan
This is before any food groceries, and to me this is very much expensive program in comparison to others of its kind.
Is the Herbalife Program Good for You
Well as it has been well explain, although Herbalife is not a scam, from my opinion and the research I have made, however, as I have said earlier, I will never recommend any M. L. M platform to anyone as a means to make some successful income.
- These are due to three basic reasons, and the reasons include the following;To be successful with any M. L.M program, you will need to have special marketing skills to be able to sell their products, since that requires convincing people to buy the products.
- Secondly, you must be able to recruit other members on-board to join in the program as your down-line so you can be able to earn something and even to be able o increase your earnings.
And I’m sure you will agree with me that convincing people to join you as your down-lines is not an easy thing at all. Yes, that as well requires special skills to be able to accomplish this.
- And thirdly, products sold by most of these M. L. M companies are quite expensive, therefore making it difficult for their members on board to be able to make any sales. And Herbalife is not an exception.
The video below shows a complete reason why I will never recommend Herbalife for you. A very shocking documentary about Herbalife. If you join, you will only loose your money.
My No.1 Recommendation
So then you may ask, which program then do you recommend, well have a look at the difference between My #1 recommended affiliate platform-(Wealthy Affiliate), the benefits and that of Herbalife
The table shows the differences between My #.1 Recommended Program and Herbalife.
Why Do I Recommend Wealthy Affiliate?
Yes, there is always a reason why someone will recommend something to you as being so special, and below are some reasons why I strongly recommend Wealthy Affiliate to you.
- Wealthy Affiliate is the only only platform out there that will give you the best step by step video training on how to build your own free website and make money out of it.
- Again Wealthy Affiliate is the only online Platform that gives you the opportunity to join for free ($0), NO, Credit Card Required.
- Wealthy Affiliate has 24/7 live chat within it community that allows you to freely interact with experience members within the community.
- The only community where you can build your own free website hosted by them and make money out of it.
- You only join Premium Membership if want.
- You will do what you’re passionate about, I mean, at Wealthy Affiliate, you will learn how to turn your passion into a successful online business.
- The training there is very super, I mean very easy to understand, therefore, whether you’re are a newbie or an experienced marker, you can join Wealthy Affiliate and benefit from it.
- There is no pyramid scheme when you sign up to join Wealthy Affiliate. It has no M. L. M compensation plan.
- You’re not forced to recruit people on-board to be able to make sales
The list can go on and on, if I want o talk about the benefits you will gain at Wealthy Affiliate. Read my full review on Wealthy Affiliate Here.
Yes, as I Said, if you’re really Interested in Making Successful Income Online then My NO.1 Recommendation is to Join Wealthy Affiliate for Free Now and Learn How to Turn Your Passion Into a Successful Online Business
If You have any question or comment about this article, just feel free to leave it below.
All the best,